Klarna, the Swedish online payment service, has become increasingly popular for its “pay later” options and seamless online shopping experience. However, there may come a time when you want to know about how to delete Klarna account. Whether you’re concerned about your personal data or simply no longer need the service, this step-by-step guide for 2023 will walk you through the Klarna account deletion process.
Why You Might Want to Delete Your Klarna Account
Concerns About Personal Data
Klarna stores a lot of your personal data, including payment information and purchase history. If you’re concerned about how your information is stored, you might want to delete your account. If you have similar concerns about other delivery services, you might also be interested in learning how to delete a goPuff account.
No Longer Using the “Pay Later” Feature
No Longer Using the ‘Pay Later’ Feature: Klarna’s ‘pay later’ feature may have been enticing at first, but if you find that you’re not using it, keeping the account open might not make sense.
What You Need to Know Before Deleting Your Klarna Account
Before you proceed with deleting your Klarna account, ensure that all outstanding payments are settled. Unresolved balances could affect your credit score.
Credit Score Impact
Deleting your Klarna account may affect your credit score, as Klarna performs a soft credit check when you use their services.
Contact Klarna Customer Support
You’ll need to contact Klarna’s customer support to process your account deletion request. They offer support options via live chat or call.
How to Delete Klarna Account – Step-By-Step Guide
Preparing for Account Deletion
Cancel Any Outstanding Payments
Make sure to cancel any outstanding payments associated with your account to avoid any complications.
Remove Your Payment Information
Before initiating the account deletion process, remove your payment information from the app.
Contacting Klarna Customer Support
Via Live Chat on the App
- Open the Klarna App: Navigate to the Klarna app on your mobile device.
- Tap on Profile Icon: Once on the home screen, tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Go to Customer Service: Tap on the Customer Service option in your profile section.
- Start Chat: Scroll down and tap on the “Start chat” button.
- Request for Account Deletion: Type “I want to permanently delete my account” and send it.
- Follow Instructions: Once connected with a customer support agent, follow their instructions to confirm your account deletion.
Via Live Chat on the Website
- Open Klarna’s Official Website: Log in and choose your country and language.
- Navigate to Help > Customer Support: Scroll down and tap on the “Chat with Us” button.
- Type Your Message: Say “I want to permanently delete my account” and send it.
- Follow Instructions: Once connected with a customer support agent, follow their instructions to proceed with account deletion.
Via Phone Call
- Dial Klarna’s Customer Support: The number is 844-552-7621.
- State Your Request: Let them know you want to delete your Klarna account and provide your reason.
- Verification: They will verify your identity and may ask for additional details.
- Confirmation: After successful verification, they will process your account deletion request and confirm it.
Deleting a Klarna account is not as straightforward as clicking a button. You’ll need to contact Klarna’s customer support, settle any outstanding payments, and follow the given instructions. This step-by-step guide aims to make the process as easy as possible for you. If you have any more questions, the FAQ section should have you covered. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Deleting a Klarna Account Affect My Credit Score?
Yes, it may affect your credit score, especially if you have outstanding balances.
How Long Does It Take to Delete My Account?
The account deletion process varies, but once your request is processed, your account will be closed permanently.
Is My Personal Data Safe During the Deletion Process?
Yes, Klarna ensures that your information is safe and secure throughout the process.